Additional Math Pages & Resources

Friday, May 21, 2010

Mathart

Is math boring? Is it drab? Does it put you to sleep? Are the questions endless and repetitive?

Why not break out of the mold and add some spice and creativity to your life? Do some mathart!

Here's my reaction to the 250 billion post yesterday:

I call it the Exclamaquest sign.

Here are a couple pieces of art from Zim Olson, who has a great math website that you should visit,

Math Art Non-Identity



Apple Vector III


You could read about math art here and here if you don't know where to start. Some people think that fractal art is what math is about, and it's pretty amazing in some respects.


But it just gives me a headache. I prefer the old-fashioned subjects, like this space scene. Is it math?




Heck, why not try a piece of math art yourself? I admit, I did this.


create avatar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comment here