What? What is there to worry about if you don't care about the value of the money? What do you teach kids - which face is on which coin?
Yes, we teach which face is on which coin. But forget that - today I'm not talking about which President's face is on which coin, I'm talking about the other physical characteristics of the money:
What adult would care about these things?
These adults care about the physical units of money measurement:
- manufacturers of coin-counting or change-making machines, who decide if a coin is legit
- bus, trolley and train operators, whose vehicles get filled with coins during a route
- drivers of armored cars, who move money around (it's called "cash in transit" service)
- prospectors, who have to deal with the weight of nuggets and bullion
- the mint, the folks who make and sell us these coins
- vending machine operators, who collect money we've dropped into their machines